It`s Gerry here today with my step x step layout for March. I chose working with beautiful spring colors. “My Private Happiness” collection combined with gorgeous new MHC flowers makes the perfect combination.
And this is my layout that I`m going to show you how to create. You understand it`ll be a long post today so please take your time :-)
Flowers I used:
One of the pattern papers in “My Private Happiness” has a beautiful lattice. Well I couldn`t just “leave” it and I decided to fussy cut it and use it on my background.
In the middle of the layout I masked those bricks with modeling paste. When it was dry I noticed I didn`t achieve the dimension I wanted so I decided to add something more…..and I added puffy paint.
N.B. Before I added the puffy paint I outlined the “bricks” with black fine liner.
If you look carefully the photo half of the masking is only with modeling paste and the other half is with puffy paint. I took that photo especially to show you the difference :-)
- Firstly, I distressed the edges of the card stock.
- Secondly, I cut out flourish from the pattern paper.
- I also cut out strips from the pattern paper so I can frame “my bricks”
- Then I placed my two photos on the left side just to see how it`d look like
- I was satisfied and I attached 1. the “frame” 2. the photos and 3. the flourish
- Before I began with the flowers I used punched border to decorate both the flourish above and my photos.
- I adhered the title “Easter” on the punched border.
- Now it was time to use one of the big flowers (“Frosting”) – I needed the pink one so I tore/cut it in parts.
- Just for your information what I tried to create with those punched borders was little balconies :-) with flowers and eggs peeking out of the balcony.
All the petals were used to decorate the cut-out flourishes.
Now it`s time for the colorful Sprinkles. I chose 6 flowers in total
- Three to decorate this cute basket (on the right side of the photos) and three for the left side of the photos.
- N.B. The yellow flower on the right and the green on the left side were cut into two!!!
- The yellow and green halves I used to decorate my other cute basket.
- I also added the Cutie Pie flower in the middle.
- Then I adhered the year “2011”
As a final touch to the flowers I added one more Cutie Pie flower on the very left side.
My last step was to add some cut out embellishments – bird, swirls, etc.
I hope you enjoyed my Step by Step layout this month. If you have any questions please feel free to ask!