It`s Gerry here today with my step by step layout.
I mixed here two collections of The Scrap Cake – one of the new collection “One Moment in Time” and “The Bright Side of Life”.
I mixed also 4 different MHC flowers and I hand-made three flowers from MHC bloomers.
Perhaps you noticed that my photo is not perfect but it didn`t stop me to scrap it. I`m not a fan of Photoshop and I didn`t want to edit it.
You also see that I don`t have a title. Instead I used a sentiment I printed from the Internet. It`s kind of a message to my kids. And of course I`ll make this layout once again so both kids will have a copy of it one day
- My very first step was to cut the frames out of the pattern paper. N.B. I used it on my layout turned clockwise (only once).
- From the other pattern paper I cut carefully the frame and I used the rest of the paper as a background of my layout.
- Then I hand-stitched the inner side of the frames.
- I also cut out the leaves so I can add them later on.
- On the layout you can see that I colored the edges of the leaves and I embossed them.
- Then I began making my hand made-flowers. I chose the big white bloomers.
- I used Glimmer Mist to paint them.
- I chose the little grey bloomers to add in the middle of the blue ones.
- I layered 4 blue and 4 grey bloomers. Before I glued them to each other I embossed them – just a little bit.
- The were all glued only in the middle and folded upwards.
- You can INK the edges of the bloomers.
- You can STAMP the bloomers before you attach them to each other.
- You can EMBOSS them using EMBOSSING FOLDER (Time Holtz, Cuttlebug, Sizzix, etc.)
- You can CHANGE the shape of the bloomers but cutting the point edges and turn them into round shaped bloomers.
- You can add “GLOSSY ACCENTS” to the centers to give even more dimension.
- You can decorate the edges with “STICKLES”
- My hand-made flowers were all cupped i.e. I chose to be folded in one direction.
- I added a big bead in the middle.
- I added also stamens in the hole of the bead.
- My next step was to prepare the chipboard pieces I wanted to use.
- They were all panted with modeling paste.
- Then painted partly with Glimmer Glam.
- This big flower was created with three different flowers.
- The brown one you see underneath was cut into two and used as “background” for the other two flowers.
- The white and the light pink flowers were “piled up”.
- Don`t forget to remove the stamens of the brown and white flowers and store them. You can always use them later when you create your hand-made flowers for other projects.
- My last step was to adhere everything on my layout.
- It`s always a puzzle for me to find the right place for everything ;-)…But in the end I solve the puzzle successfully!
- I added the extra leaves that I cut out in advance to the clusters of flowers.
- The sentiment was stamped on a piece of pattern paper and cut out.
Well, I hope you enjoyed my step x step layout today!