Hi everyone! We are back from the Expo – what fun! And have nearly finished unpacking.
We have been getting requests for the instructions on how to make some of th card displayed at the Penrith Paper craft show & Brisbane Expo, so even though we do display a sign saying that not all kits include instructions, luckily we took some photos and are able to provide some instructions for these stunning cards made with our BELIEVE paper collection.
Here’s the display.
PLEASE NOTE: We use Twiddleybitz card packs for these cards.
BEFORE YOU BEGIN: Please note that cardstock is not included in this kit – You will need 1-2 sheets of apricot-coloured cardstock. If you cut the centres out of each one that has a cardstock border, you will have enough, otherwise you will need 2 sheets.
1. Cut the frame shown from the ELEMENTS paper, add to your card front and add a rectangle of apricot cardstock to the centre of the frame.
2. Make a string bow with multiple loops and glue to centre with CONCERTO flower shown.
3. Tuck cream leaves under the string bow and add 2 mini roses at either side of the main flower.
Finish with 2 rhinestones at either side of the leaves.
* * *
1. Use a piece of apricot cardstock just smaller than you card front and cut the shown frames from the ELEMENTS paper and trim to nest just inside the apricot cardstock.
2. Add 2 WILD ORCHID green flowers to the card centre as shown and top with a WATERMELON RUE flower in the centre.
3. Add a rhinestone at the top of the frame centre and 2 at the bottom.
4. Add the sentiment banner across the flowers with 3D foam dots to secure it at each end.
* * *
1. As with card 2, make a frame with apricot cardstock, then trim a piece of MAKE BELIEVE paper to fit, leaving a small apricot border showing.
2. Punch a paper lace strip and glue to the back of a strip of DREAMS COME TRUE paper (or BUTTERFLIES paper) and attach the piece to the card front about 1.5cm from the bottom edge.
3. Attach a small doily to the centre, a gold string bow & then embellish with 3 flowers – WILD ROSE – green, RUE – watermelon and SPRINGTIME – white as shown,
4. Tuck some cream leaves under the flowers.
5. Fussy-cut 2 small butterflies from the ELEMENTS CARDS and attach where shown.
* * *
1. Again make a small cardstock apricot border to attach to card front.
2. Trim a piece of MAKE BELIVE paper to fit inside the apricot frame & attach.
3. Punch a piece of paper lace from scraps and glue to the back (top and bottom) of a piece of DREAMS COME TRUE paper that has been trimmed to fit the width, but long enough to leave some of the MAKE BELIEVE paper showing at the to & bottom of the card.
4. Attach an OVAL ORNATE FRAME that has been lined with a piece of apricot cardstock, to the card centre.
5. Add the lace butterfly to the card centre plus a SPRINGTIME – white flower that has been inked on the petal edges.
6. Add the ‘congratulations’ sentiment banner by bending it to make it fit the width of the card better.
7. Add the rhinestones as shown.
* * *
1. Cut both apricot cardstock strips and a piece of TAKE A CHANCE paper to fit inside the card front as shown, but do not attach yet.
2. Using some punched paper lace, attach to the back of the trim paper piece at the top and bottom so the lace pokes out from underneath, then attach to the card front.
3. Line an OVAL ORNATE FRAME with a piece of DREAMS COME TRUE paper and attach to card front centre with 3D foam dots.
4. Lightly ink or mist the LOVE or DREAM word (whichever is in your pack) and attach where shown again with 3D foam.
5. Attach flower/leaf cluster of cream leaves, green WILD ROSE, inked SPRINGTIME flower & ivory MINI ROSES.
6. Attach rhinestones as shown.
* * *
1. Trim a piece of BUTTERFLIES paper to fit just inside your card front leaving a small card-edge border.
2. Line an OVAL ORNATE FRAME with apricot cardstock & attach to card-front centre with 3D foam dots.
3. Add LOVE word and 3 rhinestones as shown.(Please note that some packs have a small lace butterfly which can be used in place of the LOVE word).
4. Add 3 leaves of a green WILD ROSE to the oval top left, then a small string bow topped with an ivory MINI ROSE.
5. Add 2 or 3 cream leaves with a green WILD ORCHID and sherbet WILD ROSE to the bottom right of the oval frame.
* * *
1. Use a piece of DREAMS COME TRUE, a strip of apricot cardstock, and a piece of TAKE A CHANCE paper, all to fit your card width, leaving a small card-base border showing and fit to card-front as shown.
2. Add a CHEVAL ornate frame with glue, to the card centre.
3. Add cluster of flowers & leaves as shown, starting at the bottom layer with cream leaves – 2-4 each side, the the base of a CONCERTO flower (remove the centre pearl & top flower layer), 2 x WILD ORCHID – green, 1 RUE – watermelon in the centre, then finish with an ivory MINI ROSE at the top left.
4. Add the sentiment banner, bending it to fit over the flowers and attaching with 3D foam dots.
* * *
Your all done! We hope you enjoyed your kit.